The PAGE Project is a three year National Lottery funded project that commenced in September 2022.
This project is delivered as part of the Communities in Sync (CIS) consortium which is a partnership of local health, social care and well-being providers working together to improve the lives of people in the local community.
PAGE provides a dual independent advocacy and independent living skills service in Sandwell for parents with a learning disability who are subject to Children’s Services intervention across the continuum from Early Help Assessment through to court proceedings. This service will be delivered by Sandwell Advocacy (providing an Independent Advocacy Practitioner) and the Ideal For All (providing an Independent Living Skills Officer).
Independent Advocacy Practitioner
The Advocacy Practitioner will develop a trusted relationship which is user-led and will aim to ensure that parents with a learning disability understand proceedings, that they explore their options and avenues, that they have a voice and are enabled to speak up for themselves and that they are placed at the heart of the decision-making process. The support will enable parents with learning disabilities to:
- Understand what is happening to them when they are having to deal with statutory services e.g., facing child protection or court proceedings.
- Explore the options available to them.
- Have a voice, be enabled to be heard and speak up.
- Ensure that parent’s views and wishes are articulated.
- Allows people to make informed decisions.
Independent Living Skills Officer
This role will be delivered in the community, through a range of practical and hands on one to one and group sessions. The emphasis will be on early help and prevention, and the sessions will cover a wide range of topics including:
- Home management and safety
- Cooking, eating and nutrition
- Budgeting and financial management
- Awareness and problem solving
- Accessing community support
- Personal hygiene and care
- Managing routines and commitments
- Managing health care
- Bespoke sessions to meet individual needs
To receive support, make a referral or if you would like to know more about becoming a volunteer contact us on 0121 520 8070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access our Referral Form HERE
Find out more about our Access and Referral Criteria HERE