The Management Committee at Sandwell Advocacy has the ultimate
responsibility for all of the organisations activities. The Management
Committee usually meets once every four to six weeks, and all members
are involved on a voluntary basis.
Our Management Committee members have to be aged 18 years or over.
Additionally, the following people cannot be committee members:
• Those who have been convicted of any offence involving dishonesty
or deception, unless the conviction is spent under the Rehabilitation
of Offenders Act 1974.
• Undischarged bankrupts or those previously removed or disqualified
from being trustees or company directors.
We are always interested in adding to our Management Committee
and would be happy to discuss this in more detail with anyone who
might be interested.
The following are some of the qualities we look for in potential
Management Committee members:
• A commitment and belief in Sandwell Advocacy and our principles.
• An interest in having a management role within a small community
and voluntary sector organisation.
• Commitment to equality of opportunity for all.
• To be able to conduct oneself in a non-judgemental manner.
• Ability to maintain positive relationships within the organisation.
It would also be helpful, although not essential, if you had some
personal experience of advocacy as either an advocate or partner.